Whether you are working out to put on muscle or lose weight, here are my 5 favorite snacks.
1. Myoplex or Muscle Milk protein shake. Fast, delicious and made for life on the go. At least 5 grams of fiber and 20 grams of protein per shake and comes in various flavors. Available in a corner store near you!
2. An apple and an egg. No kidding. For less than a dollar you can have 4 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein if you eat an apple and a hard boiled egg! Between eating the apple and peeling the egg, it takes a while to finish, so really gives you the idea you had a substantial snack.
3. Peanut and raisin mix. Mix 2 part salty peanuts with 1 part raisins and you have healthy salty and sweet mix! Contains heart healthy fats and fiber! Great to have as an emergency snack in your bag.
4. My go to nutrition bar is the Special K Protein bar. I never leave home without at least two on me. 5 grams of fiber, 10 grams of protein and 170 calories, it is described as a ‘meal bar’. That is a bit of a stretch for me, but a well balanced, satisfying snack that comes in several flavors.
5. Assorted salad vegetables. For those who need to keep nibbling, I advice to take a nice container of assorted vegetables to work. Think cucumber, celery, radish, pearl tomatoes etc. Not a whole lol of nutritional value per se, but it keeps you away from the potato chips and chocolate treats of this world. Be careful with too many carrots: they are high in sugar.